LibKiSAO: a Java Library for Querying KiSAO
LibKiSAO is a KiSAO-specific adaptor between OWL and Java: a Java library providing methods to make queries to KiSAO from within Java programs.
LibKiSAO.zip archive structure:
- libKiSAO.jar is a stand-alone version of libKiSAO that can be used from within other Java programs. It contains all the required libraries.
- libKiSAO-src.jar contains the source code.
- javadoc/* folder contains java documentation.
- example/* folder contains examples, showing how libKiSAO might be used.
LibKiSAO provides methods for:
- Retrieving algorithm information: algorithm name, synonymous names, definition, MIRIAM URI, and references to the articles, describing the algorithm.
- Searching for algorithms: by names, synonymous names, MIRIAM URIs and identifiers.
- Querying algorithm hierarchy: searching for descendant (derived from, more specific) algorithms and ancestor (more general) ones, checking if one algorithm is descendant of another.
- Retrieving algorithms by characteristic(s): searching for algorithms, which have/lack given characteristic(s).
- Querying for algorithm characteristics: retrieving information about characteristics, possessed by the given algorithm.
- Querying for algorithm parameters: retrieving information about simulation algorithm parameters and their types.
- Querying for similar algorithms: retrieving algorithms with the same characteristics (all or only for specified category (e.g. system description)) as the given one.
To reference LibKiSAO, please cite:
Zhukova A., Adams R., Laibe C., Le Novère N. (2012) LibKiSAO: a Java library for Querying KiSAO. BMC Research Notes, 5:520. doi:10.1186/1756-0500-5-520